We Are Safety-Minded
Everyone wants the safest working environment for their employees. Not using proper propane safety can result in potential damage to property, lost productivity, or in the worst cases injury or even death. Unfortunately, facilities that choose to have their forklift operators refill their own propane cylinders, have an obligation to ensure they meet all of the critical propane safety requirements. By choosing Forklift Propane Exchange, you can avoid all of these hassles. Simply leave your empty propane cylinders and we will exchange them with full aluminum propane cylinders.
Propane Forklift Safety
Propane cylinder exchange is the safest and most efficient way to keep your propane forklifts running. Our professionally trained staff can provide propane forklift safety training classes for your employees. To save you time and keep your facility safe Forklift Propane ensures:
- Cylinders are inspected each time they are returned to our facility for refill
- No liquid transferred on your premises
- Damaged cylinders removed from service
- Leaky valves repaired or replaced
- O-Rings replaced as needed
- Safety training for your employees
- Procedures meet and exceed insurance/OSHA standards
Propane Handling Safety Tips
- Do not smoke while handling propane cylinders.
- If you detect a leak, shut off valves and place the cylinder outside.
- Contact your propane provider to repair or replace the propane tank.
- Always, wear proper eye protection and gloves when handling propane cylinders.
- When not in use always close all propane valves.
- Store all cylinders in safety storage racks away from any source of ignition or extreme heat.
- Always read warning labels attached to propane cylinders.
- Direct contact with propane will cause freeze burns to the skin.
- Remember, propane is a hazardous material, treat it with respect!
Downloadable Safety Materials:
- Safety Data Sheet
- Safe Handling of Forklift Cylinders
- How to Install Propane Cylinders on Forklift Trucks (English & Spanish)
- Propane Forklift Daily Checklist
Many have made propane their forklift fuel of choice because it is the safest, cleanest, most cost-effective, and most reliable solution to their energy needs. Contact us for more information about propane forklift safety or cylinder exchange.