LP Safety Checklist
Every year, forklift accidents are responsible for the death of about 100 workers and about 20,000 serious injuries. You can help prevent these mishaps by following proper forklift safety practices and by performing a thorough safety check of your equipment before each use. Use the daily safety checklist below to ensure the safety of your operators and warehouse.
Propane Forklift Daily Checklist
- Tires are inflated and free of excessive wear or damage. Nuts are tight.
- Forks and mast are not bent, worn or cracked.
- Load back rest extension is in place and not bent, cracked, or loose.
- Overhead guard is in place and not bent, cracked, or loose.
- Attachments (if equipped) operate OK and are not damaged.
- Forklift body is free of excessive lint, grease, or oil.
- Engine oil is full and free of leaks.
- Hydraulic oil is full and free of leaks.
- Radiator is full and free of leaks.
- Fuel level is OK and free of leaks.
- Battery connections are tight.
- Covers over battery and other hazardous parts are in place and secure.
- Load rating plate is present and readable.
- Warning decals and operators’ manuals are present and readable.
- Seat belt or restraint is accessible and not damaged, oily, or dirty.
- Engine runs smoothly and quietly without leaks or sparks from the exhaust.
- Horn works.
- Turn signal (if equipped) operates smoothly.
- Lights (head, tail, and warning) work and are aimed correctly.
- Gauges and instruments are working.
- Lift and lower operates smoothly without excessive drift.
- Tilt operates smoothly without excessive drift or “chatter”.
- Control levers are labeled, not loose or binding, and freely return to neutral.
- Steering is smooth and responsive, free of excessive play.
- Brakes work and function smoothly without grabbing. No fluid leaks.
- Parking brake will hold the forklift on an incline.
- Backup alarm (if equipped) works.
Learn more about propane safety.
Want to learn more about warehouse forklift safety? Contact us today to get in touch with one of our professionally trained staff members. Safe propane handling is a major priority at Forklift Propane. Learn more about our propane exchange services and products.